Jeffrey S. Tarker, Esq.
Originally from Somerset County, Jeff Tarker is a 1994 cum laude graduate and Presidential Scholar of the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, where he had a dual major of political science and history. He went on to the University of Dayton School of Law, where he was an award winning legal writer and semi-finalist in the Honorable Walter Rice Moot Court Competition.
Since obtaining his J.D. from Dayton Law in 1997 and entering the practice of law, Jeff has devoted his full attention to litigation. He is a member of the Butler, Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice. He is admitted to practice before all Pennsylvania state courts, as well as the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the Third Circuit. Jeff has been honored as a Pennsylvania Rising Star Lawyer in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. More recently, he has been named a Pennsylvania SuperLawyer for 2013, 2014 and 2015, and a member of the Top 40 under 40 by The National Trial Lawyers.
Jeff lives in Penn Township with his wife, Sonya, and their daughter, Cameron.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. - 1997
- Honors: Award Winning Legal Writer
- Honors: Semi-Finalist in the Hon. Walter Rice Moot Court Competition
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Presidential Scholar
- Major: Political Science and History
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania SuperLawyers Rising Star, 2009 - Present
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2011 - 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- Butler County Bar Association, Member